Saturday 24 January 2015

Inimitable Dabur Chyawanprash!

Sprinting was passion of my son’s life.  Actually, sprinting was instilled in my son by my husband and his father who had been a national level athlete.  It was a dream of my husband to make our son a national level athlete.

Every day, practising for 100 meters and 400 meters races was his daily ritual. At the age of 14 he had made us proud us on many occasions. He had been a junior inter-state champion for hundred meter race. Those days, he was preparing for a national level athlete meet.

One morning, after returning from the practice, my son was looking frazzled. He was a strong built lad but that day he was looking a languished  soul. We thought that it could be due to over exercising and putting a lot of pressure on the body. So we advised him to take rest and take leave from the school. After having his breakfast he went to the bed complaining of tiredness.

In the afternoon, when I went to his room to wake him up for the lunch, I was in for a shock. His forehead was burning with fever and he was coughing mildly as well. I gave him some pills to control his fever. But as the time passed by his fever failed to die down and his coughing increased. Alarmed by this situation, I called my husband and took him to doctor.

There doctor diagnosed him with viral fever and gave him exact medicines to control his fever. He became normal after a week.

He again started practising for his upcoming event that was some three months away. Some fifteen days must have passed that he again fell sick with profusion of coughing. I thought that the cold climate of morning was taking toll on his body, so I started to give him the Haldi-doodh. But his situation didn’t improve and we again took him to the doctor who gave him the antibiotics.

He again had the antibiotics for a week and got cured of the fever.

One fine day my father-in-law visited our home. He used to come to meet us one time in six months. Actually, he used to take care of our ancestral house so usually he stayed there most of the time. My son was very fond of his grand- father.  He used to tell him stories of my husband’s childhood and his late mother.

After coming from practice, one day my son again came home shivering with fever. He was coughing as well. I advised him to take rest and went to the kitchen  and brought some nimbu-mirchi  to dispel the evil eye cast upon my son. I was sure that it was some evil eye that had affected my son otherwise how come a healthy boy can fall sick so frequently? As I was doing the ritual to dispel the evil, my father-in-law entered my son’s room and asked me why I was doing that ritual. I explained him everything.

After listening to me, he advised me to give my son Dabur Chyawanprash to improve his immunity and stay away from all irrational voodoos. He was also surprised that why it didn’t occur to my husband to give my son Dabur Chyawanprash as he was given Dabur Chyawanprash in his childhood to boost his levels of immunity.

I went to my neighbourhood market at that very time and bought a pack of Dabur Chyawanprash. I started giving my son two spoonful of Dabur Chyawanprash daily. And surprisingly my son didn’t fall sick for next one month.

Ultimately, he went on to win the gold medal in 100 & 400 meter races at the national athletics meet. That day, I felt really thankful to my father- in- law for his precious advice and to Dabur Chyawanprashfor its inimitable properties to boost immunity.

By: Prashant



1 comment:

  1. Patanjali ayurvedic chyawanprash having lots of benefits for body it can increase immunity of body. For more Information visit our site: - ayurvedic chyawanprash

    ReplyDelete