Thursday 22 October 2015

Allow me O mind




Pic Courtesy:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09/mother-daughter-wedding-_n_5291454.html?ir=India&adsSiteOverride=in


Allow me O mind

A few tears to clean my eye

My daughter goes to another clime

Where several other faces wait

Eager to take her in

And make her theirs .

These tears are what is left

To me and her

And the ties that life severs

Forever bind

Me to her.

Allow me a few drops to shed

A mother's tear is no object

Of judgement by harsh intellect.

Nor of stringent metaphysics that ridicule

Earthly love , worldly anguish.

Separation and longings of the heart

Within time

Real they are.

Even the gods bow low before such adulation.

And descend to savour such sorrow, such delight

That stir human hearts, human enterprise.


Creation: Meera Panigrahi

No comments:

Post a Comment